A separate request for radiation exposure records should be made to Bechtel, Nevada.
(see prior page for addrress)

Sons and daughters, as next of kin, may request copies of deceased veterans' records. To do so, they should submit a request in writing to the nearest VA regional office. If the veteran is living the request should be made by the veteran. Provide as much identifying information as possible to enable the local VA office to identify the requested records.

Identifying information should include the veteran's full name, VA file number, branch of service, service serial number, Social Security Number (if used instead of a service number), exact dates of birth and/or death, and enlistment and discharge date and city and state at time of enlistment (if known).

Requests for military records must be made on a government Standard Form 180, "Request Pertaining to Military Records". You may request a form by calling the nearest VA regional office at the toll-free number 1-800-827-1000. This form is also available on the Internet at:

The completed form should include as much identifying information as possible. Submit the form to the appropriate address provided on the reverse side of the form.

Military records are generally kept at:
Attn: ORU
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, Missouri    63132-5100